A LGBTQ Welcoming Congregation
We are a Welcoming Congregation, recognized by the Unitarian Universalist Association. This means we affirm and include individuals who are LGBTQA+ at every level of congregational life—in worship, in program, and in social occasions—welcoming them as whole people.
As a Welcoming Congregation we have pledged to:
- Honor the lives of all people and equally affirm displays of caring and affection without regard for sexual orientation.
- Celebrate diversity by using inclusive language and content in worship.
- Incorporate an understanding of the experience of LGBTQA+ persons throughout all of our programs, including religious education.
- Affirm and celebrate LGBTQA+ issues and history.
- Affirm marriage equality and conduct same-sex weddings.
- Advocate for LGBTQA+ people, promoting justice, freedom, and equality in the larger society.
We recognize that there’s always something more to learn, and remain open to deepening our understanding about the lives of LGBTQA+ people.